We are so proud that our local manufacturer is Ethical Clothing Australia Accredited.
The accreditation is a voluntary program designed to help businesses that are manufacturing their textiles, clothing and/or footwear in Australia navigate their legal obligations. It does so by mapping local supply chains and verifying that all workers are receiving their legal entitlements.
The objectives of this Agreement include:
• To end exploitation of workers and homeworkers in the textile, clothing and footwear industry
• To enable workers and homeworkers to clearly understand their employment entitlements
• To ensure workers and homeworkers receive their appropriate award entitlements and legislative protection
• To establish a system of accreditation for Manufacturers who comply with this Agreement,
• To educate workers, manufacturers, contractors, fashion labels and the wider community about the purposes and operation of this Agreement
• To assist homeworkers by supporting, consistent with this Agreement, community and industry education securing compliance with this Agreement and promoting its purpose. ECA® Code of Practice, incorporating Homeworkers – Manufacturers Agreement Page 5
• To facilitate for an accredited business, a transparent, ethical and more sustainable supply chain
• To provide a mechanism to an accredited business to achieve, and ensure ongoing compliance with the TCF Award and relevant legislation
• To provide opportunities to accredited business, to promote their products as ethically produced, Australian products and enabling them through a licence agreement to use Ethical Clothing Australia’s trade marks.
did you know?? Our clothes are hand made right here in Adelaide! We work with a team of super talented machinists and design technicians who make sure our pieces fit comfortably and move with your body. The business we work with is female owned and operated and we are so proud to have them as part of our community! They have been operational for over 25 years and we are so lucky have such a wealth of knowledge right at our door.
We are devoted to being Australian made, partially due to the international nature of the garment industry-- requiring an excess of transporting overseas. Manufacturing within our own state means we can provide you with a more transparent manufacturing process and have a huge amount of interaction with our makers.